Bangladesh Institute of Maritime Research and Development (BIMRAD) is a charitable independent think tank patronized by Bangladesh Navy. The Institute has started its journey on 03 July 2018 to conduct research on maritime affairs, security, exploration and conservation of sea resources, maritime science & technology, maritime tourism, maritime pollution, biodiversity, marine ecology, coastal disaster, marine renewable energy and climate change impact, food security, adaptation and so on. The Institute is registered under The Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860. The Institute has the following tasks to promote the free exchange of ideas on maritime matters:
• To create a congenial forum for open debate in an independent and unbiased milieu to bring out the best possible suggestions and policies for the nation.
• To establish a link between various maritime stakeholders in the public and private sector, including NGO, academician and civil society.
• To undertake research for the protection and sustainable use of maritime resources and provide impartial and authoritative advice to all the stakeholders.
• To run development activities related to maritime affairs, blue economy and livelihood approach of the coastal community;
• To study maritime issues in their entirety rising above all sectoral and departmental legacies of the past.
• To develop awareness among young talents on importance of the sea and maritime potential for the nation.
• To study on maritime related security and hotspots arising out of tense situation. See more...