A seven-day online training workshop on “Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) Technology” was organized by NOTC, China, from 6th September 2021 to 13th September 2021. Three researchers from BIMRAD participated in the training session. A good number of participants (officials, researchers, experts in marine spatial planning related fields) from various countries took part in the workshop.
The program was inaugurated by the Deputy Director of International Program Division of International Cooperation Department, MNR, P. R. China.
The whole session was covered by 13 lectures delivered by 15 eminent professionals and experts.
Lectures included the following topics:
1. China’s Sea Area Use Management Development and Institutional System
2. Integrated Coastal Management (ICM) from concept to concrete in China: the role of Marine Spatial Planning
3. China’s Marine Spatial Planning System and Progress
4. Coastline Ecological System Restoration Approaches and Practices
5. Ocean Observation Meeting the Challenges of Global Climate Change
6. Marine Renewable Energy Technology Development Progress
7. An Introduction to Chinese Language and Culture
8. Harmful Algal Bloom and Microalgal Resources
9. MPAs and Marine Ecological Redlining in China
10. Marine Spatial Planning: Theory and Practice
11. Development of Coastal Zone Planning in China
12. Marine Environment Forecasting Technology and Application
13. Application of Spatial Data Analysis in China’s Land and Marine Spatial Planning
MSP is a highly required action plan for any Ocean Governance, and BIMRAD is actively focused on such maritime activities.